At first, you need to know what water-resistant versus waterproof means. Both terms refer to a material that can prevent or repel water from getting into a space, which is great for rooms such as bathrooms or kitchens. However, they’re not interchangeable terms.
Waterproof refers to a permanent material, which means water won’t penetrate the flooring, no matter how much time goes by. For example, waterproof flooring can be installed in any room, but it’s more expensive than water-resistant flooring. A water-resistant floor refers to how flooring material protects flooring substrate from water infiltration.
Many people consider waterproof floors a better choice of flooring. This type of flooring, however, costs more than water-resistant floors, but the installation price can be worth it depending on where you’re installing them. If water absorbs into certain types of flooring, such as hardwood, the flooring material could swell and eventually crack, ruining the floor. When this damage occurs, you’ll need to replace the flooring, which is why it may be easier to install waterproof floors from the start. You can purchase hardwood floors that are waterproof, but this type of flooring will be more expensive.
WPC Vinyl flooring is a great waterproof option, as it won’t deteriorate if it’s exposed to water for an extended period. Additionally, the color of the floor will remain and won’t fade.
A waterproof floor can prevent moisture in the air due to climate or flooding from infiltrating the flooring material. None of these events will damage the floor, which is important to consider if you live in an area prone to humidity or flooding. While many luxury vinyl floors are waterproof, you shouldn’t assume they all are. The ones labeled as 100 percent waterproof are what you want to look for. You should also keep in mind that while your flooring can be waterproof, the subfloor underneath may not be. As a result, you’ll need to keep water from getting under the flooring to prevent subflooring damage.
- The Strength Of SPC Flooring In The Future
- What Is The Characters Of SPC And LVT Flooring
- New Special Vinyl Flooring - Hexagonal SPC from 3C
- What Make 3C SPC Flooring So Beautiful Hexagonal
- 2018,what Is Flooring Materials Trend
- Why More Hospital Choose Homogeneous Floor
- The Advantages Of PVC Homogeneous Flooring
- A New Favourite Of Flooring - PVC Flooring
- LVT And SPC Flooring Still Dominate US Market
- The Advantages Of PVC Flooring
- Wood-Grain Vinyl Flooring For House
- Advantages Of PVC Vinyl Flooring
- More Stories Of WPC Vinyl Flooring
- The Introduction Of SPC Rigid Core Vinyl Flooring
- How To Give Your Flooring A New Life
- The Way Of Installing Glue Down Vinyl Tile Floo...
- Which One Is Your Favorite PVC Flooring
- The Best Choice For Hotel Flooring-LVT
- How To Remove Residual Glue After Installation ...
- How To Choose Laminate Flooring